Green Lantern is now playing on the big screen! We’re so pumped to see Hal Jordan and the rest of Green Lantern Corps in action that we’ve dug up some cool behind the scenes goss for you!
* The flick was almost shot in Sydney and Melbourne, but then the Australian dollar increased and the production company decided to film in New Orleans, USA instead.
* Stars like Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine and Justin Timberlake were up for the role of Hal Jordan, but Ryan Reynolds was the lucky guy who got it in the end.
* Blake Lively, who plays Carol Ferris was always cooking. One time some of the cast and crew were filming in a swamp at 3am and Blake showed up with cupcakes and brownies that she baked for them!
* Mark Strong, who plays Sinestro, was away from his family while filming Green Lantern, and would Skype them wearing his costume make up. Not surprisingly they freaked out when they saw him!
* It would have been so cool to wear the Green Lantern suit, but Ryan Reynolds actually didn’t get to during filming! Instead he wore a grey motion-capture outfit and tracking marks and dots when he did all his scenes. A digital Green Lantern costume and mask were added later!
For more Green Lantern stats and goss, don’t forget to grab the latest issue of MANIA on sale now!